Monday, May 21, 2007

Ups and Downs

Wow I'm about done with this roller coaster!!

I haven't posted anything in a while, sometimes I feel like all I want to do is whine about what is going on...then sometimes things seem pretty good.

Today had everything in it...the weather has been so amazing the last couple of days and Ron loves to get out on the deck and enjoy the fresh air. Today I got him a lounger so he'd be more comfortable...he loved it. We were able to spend the afternoon together outside, Michaela playing on her swing set, me planting some flowers and Ron relaxing. We BBQ'd for dinner and ate outside...it was great. Then getting Ron back in the house was quite an ordeal. He was feeling pretty weak so it took us a while to get him to his recliner ( he had to use his walker to get there). Then at bedtime it took a few attempts to get there, the weakness is tough to deal with. Ron is a big guy and when he goes down I can't do that much to help him. It is so hard to see him like that, he gets so confused at the same time...tough to deal with.

We are starting his 3rd cycle of chemo this Wednesday, it takes a lot out of him but at least he doesn't get nauseous.

The best is my sister is coming to visit me this weekend...I'm so excited to see her again (she lives on Vancouver Island). She has been such an amazing spiritual support to me during this time. We're going to have a big BBQ on Sunday while she is here...I just love when my family comes to visit!!

Well I think I'll leave it on this high note...Good Night!!

5 comments:

JGutfreund said...

Hello Annie,

I was out to Kitimat for the long weekend and stopped in to see Loreen. She told me of the developments in your family and I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm afraid that cancer is one villain that is touching every family at some point. All we can do is turn to our families and God for support. I would like to keep in touch with you folks, if that's ok, my email address is stargait2000@hotmail.com.
Please continue to think positive and know that my prayers are with you.
Love and wishes,
John

Jenny said...

Hope you got a chance to enjoy this beautiful weather of ours!
Still praying for you guys!
(maybe see you at preschool this week!)

Laura said...

Hey Annie! I hope you are enjoying your visit with your sister. Even if you don't hear from me every day I'm always thinking about you and praying for you.

Love you!
Laura

CB said...

Annie,

Thank you for reading my blog. I am glad to see you were able to enjoy the nice weather with your family. I know it is so hard to help your husband get outside, but once you do, it is sooo worth it! Enjoy every moment that you can.

Sending you love and prayers.

Cathyb
www.lessonsfromlou.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

Hey there Annie
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I can't even imagine what your family is going through but my prayers are with you!
Blessings