Sunday, January 28, 2007

Home

Well I'm really missing home right now. I can't sleep tonight, so here I am...I'm tired of doing my cross stitch. I miss our cat, I miss our friends, I miss my family, I miss my bed, I miss my laundry room (mostly because I don't have to save up change to use it like I do here)...I think you get my drift.

Today we went to church, it was a great uplifting church...but not home. This is a big church, there are 4 services (2 on Saturday evening and 2 on Sunday mornings) and the one we went to was full. It was different, the praise and worship was awesome (just like home) but the message was a video...it was a great message but I missed having a real life pastor in front of me. I guess it is what I'm used to, next week we are going to the Saturday service when they tape the message. I guess the fact the Michaela didn't go to Sunday School and was fidgety during the service may have affected how I felt during it.

Ron and I were talking tonight about things now...it seems like forever that this has been going on. Like our lives are now divided, before cancer and after cancer...maybe it will feel different when we get home.

I think it seems so strange because we left so suddenly...I mean I had to ask my sister to take out the garbage and run the dishwasher so I wouldn't come home to a smelly house. That is how quickly we left, I guess with everything going on I haven't really had the chance to think too much about home.

I don't want to complain too much about being here, we do have a good motel suite, lots of family close by...oh and after Ron's first week of treatments he is feeling great!!

Anyway I'm going to try and get to bed now, and if you wonder why I listed missing the cat before my family and friends it is because we hear from our family a lot but the cat never calls!!

GOOD NIGHT!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Annie, I am missing you tons too!! You are always on my mind. You'll be home before you know it.

Laura
PS: I hope that cat calls soon...how rude!!! I laughed out loud over that one!

Tanya said...

Its so nice to hear that Ron's treatments aren't making him feel sick. That is a huge blessing I'm sure!

Cats...typical! Haha!

Hope you can get home soon, glad that you're surrounded by your family while you're away! Keep looking up! Take care!

Christy said...

Hey Annie! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I just realized that I forgot to put an "s" in the address I gave you. I am glad you figured it out!

We will continue to pray for Ron! We serve a great God!