Thursday, January 18, 2007

Even Bad Days End Well

Okay yesterday I had a bad day...only my sister knew this. I try and stay positive and happy around Ron and his family. I'm so thankful that I could open up to my sister...have I ever said how much I love my family!!

I picked up some insurance forms that Ron's oncologist filled out and on the way back "home" I was looking over them...seeing and hearing things are completely different. I know what the Dr's. have said about Ron's prognosis...they don't say good things. Seeing what they think in writing was so much harder for me.

After we got back my sister and I went out for a walk, I told her what the forms said...basically that the median survival rate for someone with his cancer is 18 months and where it asks for his return to work date...never. I know Ron doesn't read this so I can say these things, I didn't want him to see these forms. I'm sure some think that was wrong but I really want to keep some negative things away from him, he attitude is so good I think seeing that the doctors don't think he'll ever be able to work again would be demoralising.

Now I must say that we are very positive about Ron's chances, he is a strong and healthy young man...have I told you all that he is only 36. Most importantly, somethings that the doctors don't take into account is our faith. There are hundreds of people praying for Ron, God is amazing and can do the impossible and I have stated openly to God that I EXPECT A MIRACLE!!

So I may have my down times where I let myself be sad, I always make sure that these times end with prayer and the assurance that God is truly guiding us through this journey.

My bad day did end well, we had a visit from a wonder spiritual leader down here. We talked and he counselled us and we all prayed together and felt the Lord bless us.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

My husband's Uncle's brother had a seizure 11 years ago and was diagnosed with a brain tumour. He had the chemo and it shrunk the tumour, and is still living a full and enriched life...He had a very bad prognosis as well.
My MIL reminded me of this as I told her to pray for you and your family.
Thinking and praying for you and your family.

Laura said...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

kitty kat said...

Hey...I have been checking your blog as my heart is with you and your husband and your family right now. I heard of your news and I was so sad for you. Please know that there is always hope. Have faith, as you obviously do! I myself have walked this journey with 3 family members and it is a frustrating sickness that we will never understand. But...there is always hope and prayer will get you right to the top of that spiritual pyramid. Don't let anbody tell you timelines. God is the only one with the answers. We all need to learn to live everyday with complete satisfaction and thankfulness. We need to love one another instead of fretting over the "stupid little things" in our lives. I completely agree that he does not have to be exposed to all the negative. Keep his hope and his spirit alive. We did the same thing with our journey. We kept the bad news and negative opinions away and we always filled them with positive thoughts and hope. They need us to be there and to be positive. Obviously, he is leaning on God and that will guide you both through this journey. Our prayers are with you all at this time. Be strong!

Christy said...

Hi Anne. I am not sure if you remember me but I am your brother Bill's neice Christy. I am also friends with Tanya who you attended bible study with at the Efree in Terrace! I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and Ron and your daughter!Nothing is impossible with God and we are believing with you for a miracle!

If you are interested in checking out my blog the address is:

http://christyblogofun.blogspot.com

Take Care!